Safety instructions of the Cévennes Vélorail
The vélorail excursion should remain a family walk and not a sprint. Please pay close attention to the particular features and risks associated with the use of Vélorail and traffic. Your route goes through a protected natural site, it is imperative that you respect it.
The minimum mandatory spacing between each Vélorail is 50 meters.
Descents are dangerous. Brake together every 20 meters and in successive pulses. Wet railways increase braking distances.
It is strictly forbidden to crash Vélorails into each other.
Hectometre markers (every 100 meters) featuring a white label on a black background, and placed in the centre of railway crossings help you find your position in case of an incident or accident.
It is forbidden to stop on the track and get off the Vélorail, except before the PN 11 crossing and at either end of the route.
It is strictly forbidden to disembark or embark while moving or to stand on or stand and pedal while the Vélorail is moving.
The presence of an adult:
- is mandatory for each Vélorail.
- in the first and last Vélorail and in every two Vélorails, as well for groups from primary and secondary schools. No nursery school groups are allowed.
The maximum number of people per vélorail is:
- 4 ADULTS
- Or 3 ADULTS AND 2 CHILDREN (between 9 months and 13 years old), only 1 infant seat.
- Or 2 ADULTS AND 3 CHILDREN (between 9 months and 13 years old), only 1 infant seat.
- Or 4 ADULTS AND 1 INFANT (between 9 months and 5 years old), only 1 infant seat.
Each Vélorail is equipped with only one seat adapted for young children.
Non-compliance with the safety features and instructions is the sole responsibility of the user and not that of the managing company of the site. Any damage to the equipment due to non-compliance with these instructions will be billed to the user. Legal proceedings may be initiated.